User Info
Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2018, 11:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Home Forum Help Login Register   Search:     Advanced search
AzBox Americas support forum  |  Support  |  AzBox miniMe American Edition  |  MiniMe American Edition Screen Cropping Issues On All Resolutions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiniMe American Edition Screen Cropping Issues On All Resolutions  (Read 2200 times)
chrisrcromwell

« on: November 07, 2015, 09:43 pm »

Hey Pwrsurge,

I'm not sure if you are still supporting the AZBox MiniMe American Edition, or if you just gave up on it altogether, but I hope you can still somehow help me with my issue.
I just purchased this receiver from your Dr. Sat website last week, Serial Number: MD0040124007530, it does have the most recent F/W already installed out of the box.

I got the receiver all set up through the menu's, including the suggestions you made on this forum to prevent the receiver from rebooting on it's own. I was trying out several blind scan settings on two satellites, and am currently viewing a "supposed" 1920X1080 HD channel. However, no matter what channel or resolution I am viewing, the picture is cropped off 1/2" along the bottom of the screen and 3/4" along the right side of the screen. The top and the left side of the screen appear to be normal on my 49" Vizio M492i TV, I am using the HDMI cable by the way, not any other type of TV connection. The TV tries to squeeze everything into the smaller space coming from the receiver, which ends up looking like you are viewing the video through a fish bowl or fish eyes. I can't very well watch TV with the cropping issues this receiver puts out. I have been through every video setting I can find in the menu's, but the cropping remains. I also just tried the composite video cable that came with the receiver, the picture is cropped there even more so using that option.

Does this receiver crop the picture so it will fit correctly on only Canadian and European TV Sets? Like I said, I have the receiver set to 1080I 60Hz video setting with 16:9 aspect, but the picture is cropped on the bottom and right side regardless of channel or resolution.

Is there some kind of F/W update you can email me or post that will fix the cropping issues?

I know you will tell me my Vizio TV is somehow at fault, but I can always swap to a different receiver and enjoy a full screen of 1080P HD Picture without any cropping at all, so it isn't my TV.

I hope to hear from you soon, if you are still supporting this receiver. I don't like to waste $195 for a receiver I can't use or send back to Canada very well for replacement.

Could you please tell me why this receiver was shipped out to me without being checked out? Why must I keep having things just go wrong when they shouldn't?? :-/
PwrSurge
AzBox Americas staff member
Administrator

AzBox Americas
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:17 am »

A few things to clarify:

1. We did NOT give up on and are still supporting the AzBox miniMe American Edition right here on our official forum.  It may not appear this way as we used to provide support on the FTA Receiver Support forum on SatelliteGuys in the past and abruptly stopped from doing so but this is because Scott Greczkowski banned us from posting there with no reason provided, most likely after being requested by Brian Gohl from Titanium Satellite who is against us.
2. Our website is azboxamericas.com and not Dr. Sat.  We don't sell receivers directly to the public but only to our authorized dealers which Dr. Sat is one of them.
3. You did not waste $195 as the receiver is NOT defective and the aspect ratio setting on the receiver and possibly your TV as well simply needs to be adjusted in order to provide the best picture based on the channels you are viewing.
chrisrcromwell

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 12:01 pm »

Before I reply, a few things to clarify:

1. We did NOT give up on and are still supporting the AzBox miniMe American Edition right here on our official forum.  It may not appear this way as we used to provide support on the FTA Receiver Support forum on SatelliteGuys in the past and abruptly stopped from doing so but this is because Scott Greczkowski banned us from posting there with no reason provided, most likely after being requested by Brian Gohl from Titanium Satellite who is against us.
2. Our website is azboxamericas.com and not Dr. Sat.  We don't sell receivers directly to the public but only to our authorized dealers which Dr. Sat is one of them.
3. You did not waste $195 as the receiver is NOT defective and the aspect ratio setting simply needs to be adjusted for the best picture on your TV.

Ok, so tell me where to do this secret setting I haven't found yet? As I already mentioned, I've already been through every video and aspect ratio setting I can find in the receiver settings, but the picture is still cropped badly no matter what setting I pit it to. Seems like a hardware or firmware issue or failure to me. So there's no fix to offer me, correct? That's helpful.

I can understand about Satellite Guys, they have treated me very badly since first signing on, and they are proud to put people down under them. I gave up posting anything new on there, Brian can be a prideful ass, but he owns the industry now all by himself and it's important to him.

Anyway, I hope you can tell me how to fix the cropping issue I have with this receiver. Thanks. :-)
PwrSurge
Administrator

AzBox Americas
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 03:48 pm »

1. Make sure your Visio TV is set to either Normal or Wide setting. It should NOT be set in Zoom, Panoramic or Cinema mode.
2. In System Settings -> Video, try changing 4:3 Content mode to 14:9 Pan&Scan while keeping Format set to 16:9 and Digital video mode to 1080i 60Hz
3. Problem should now be fixed.
chrisrcromwell

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 04:16 pm »

1. Make sure your Visio TV is set to either Normal or Wide setting. It should NOT be set in Zoom, Panoramic or Cinema mode.
2. In System Settings -> Video, try changing 4:3 Content mode to 14:9 Pan&Scan while keeping Format set to 16:9 and Digital video mode to 1080i 60Hz
3. Problem should now be fixed.

Yeah, ok. Well I went through all of those things several times over, the screen is still cropped along the bottom and right sides a good 1/2"-3/4". It doesn't look fixed at all to me, so what do you want to do now? I guess I can send pics, which will be a little hard to see. But it's going to be a pain having to ship this back up to Canada for an exchange, only to have the same problem again.
PwrSurge
Administrator

AzBox Americas
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 09:46 am »

Please try the following combination of settings and let us know the results:

- Set your Vizio TV to Wide mode
- In System Settings -> Video on your AzBox, set the following parameters:
   * 4:3 Content mode parameter to 14:9 Pan&Scan
   * Format parameter to 16:9
   * Digital video mode to 1080i 60Hz

If the issue remains then please try to connect the receiver to another TV if you have one, preferably from another brand to confirm if the issue persists.  This will help us determine if the issue is related to the way your Vizio TV is handling the video signal coming from the AzBox.
chrisrcromwell

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 10:40 am »

Please try the following combination of settings and let us know the results:

- Set your Vizio TV to Wide mode
- In System Settings -> Video on your AzBox, set the following parameters:
   * 4:3 Content mode parameter to 14:9 Pan&Scan
   * Format parameter to 16:9
   * Digital video mode to 1080i 60Hz

If the issue remains then please try to connect the receiver to another TV if you have one, preferably from another brand to confirm if the issue persists.  This will help us determine if the issue is related to the way your Vizio TV is handling the video signal coming from the AzBox.

Ok, I will try that and see what happens, it shouldn't have to be set up that way however. :-/ All of the TV's we use are the Vizio M models. If the picture still looks like its being viewed through a convex window I will let you know. I can always switch to my Manhattan or Cisco receiver while the TV is set for Normal Mode, and enjoy beautiful HD detailed pictures from corner to corner on the screen; I don't understand why this Azbox can't seem to do that too? By the way, are you STILL working on a new F/W release for this receiver? I'm sure lots of customers out there are hoping I would ask you for an update on that. Thanks! :-)
PwrSurge
Administrator

AzBox Americas
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 12:15 pm »

Yes we are still working on new firmware release for this receiver and in fact, version 2.20 was just released so please ENJOY!  Firmware development is no easy task and often when one issue is fixed, another issue is introduced so this is why it can take many months between each major release.

PwrSurge
AzBox Americas
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
| Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea